“It’s fantastic to deal with lawyers who know that law is more than just paperwork.
Studio Legal understands it’s about the bigger picture”Graham Goodisson, Velocity Financial
Being in business has both risks and rewards. We’ll work with you to help you grow and protect your business.
From your first home to an addition to your investment portfolio, we’ve got all your property matters covered.
Trusts & Planning
Protecting wealth and managing family dynamics can be tricky. We’ll design a plan specifically for you.
What makes Studio Legal so different?
In our experience, people get the most value from their lawyer when they’re talking about more than just the issue at hand.
At Studio Legal we look at your situation as a whole – dealing with today, but keeping an eye on what’s coming next.
For us, it’s about three things:
- Keeping it simple: We’ll sort the detail, and let you know what you need to know. We have a down-to-earth and pragmatic approach to law.
- Building a relationship: It’s clichéd, but we’re after more than just a one-off transaction with you. We invest in getting to know you and understand the issues you face at different stages of life and business change. We’ll build a plan to help you at each stage. Expect us to chase you to make sure this plan happens.
- Seeing the bigger picture: We know the importance of involving your other advisors (brokers, accountants, investment planners, HR advisors and more). We know how to work with them to make sure nothing falls through the gaps for you.
You can also expect:
- to get upfront pricing so you know what you’re up for.
- to go through our onboarding process where we’ll find out what other help you need beyond the immediate issue at hand.
- to deal with people who have been there and done that – we’ve got businesses and properties ourselves so know what you’re grappling with.
Helping to keep you current and informed
Buying or selling?
Check out our Homebuyers’ Road Map & Checklist to help you through the buying and selling process.
Legal docs everyone should have
Find out about the top legal documents everyone needs (but which most don’t have)
What we’re saying
Our take on what’s happening in the world of law, property, business and more
What to expect
Not all lawyers are the same. At Studio Legal, we have traditional large law firm experience, but we take a fresh and modern approach to providing legal services. We strive to make our clients’ lives as easy as possible.
Here’s what to expect when working with us:
Getting to Know You
Engaging a lawyer is a very personal experience. It’s important that there’s common ground and a desire to work together. We’ll have an initial catch up to get to know each other a little better.
We believe in certainty. We’ll let you know what our services will cost before we start any work. Where possible, we will do the work for a fixed fee.
We believe your interests are best served when everyone is on the same page. Collaboration with your other trusted advisors is essential to achieving this outcome.
We have the experience and expertise to make complex matters simple and to help protect you from the unknown.
M: 021 752 251
Outside of work, Katherine has three children under three (twin boys and a younger daughter) which keep her busy (to say the least).
If you’d like to catch up for a coffee feel free to get in touch – 021 752 251 or email@example.com
Coming from a family of teachers, Sam knows how to explain legal terminology and processes in an easy to understand way. This particularly comes in handy helping first time home buyers through the purchase process.
When she’s not at work, McKenzie can be found catching up with friends at Wellington’s cafes, supporting just about any sport (although tennis is her favourite), or reading a good book on those windy and rainy Wellington days.
Outside of work she enjoys getting outside, practicing yoga, spending time with her family and is an avid reader with the occasional Netflix binging session.
If there’s anything you’d like to discuss, feel free to call Tamsyn on 04 390 2123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hire people-people
In your email, tell us something interesting about yourself. We’re more interested in finding out about you as a person, not your work experience.